[Orca-users] Re: plot data cut off

blum0422 blum0422 at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 11:36:23 PDT 2002

Blair,
     I thank you very much for your support.  I played around with the summary_format and finally got it to work properly (mistake on my part :-( )  I did however try the plot width and that worked as well.  On a side note (question #2) I'm seeing that some of the hosts create multiple graphs for same dataset (disk use percent).  I've now figured out from searching through this forum that this is due to different plots taken at different times.  I've now upgraded the orcallator.se on all clients and the orca host and removed the old rrd's and rebuilt (with data dating back to Jan) and still they show multiple graphs.  I've read the rrd docs on 'rrdtool update' but want to know if that is the only way to resolve my issue while maintaining historical data.  If I create the template for the
hosts and (using veritas clustering for failover) the disks fail over to another host, will that agian alter the DB?  If there is a measurement in rrd that is not included in the percol/orcallator file that updates the rrd will that cause conflicts?  This is more or less a production tool that many people are looking at and don't have a lab box that I can play with :-( so would like to be pretty sure before I make any abrupt changes ;-)  Thanks again for all your support.