[Orca-users] There's a hole in my data . . .

Peter Hand mediacult at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 07:40:02 PST 2002

Orca has been running fine on my system for about
three weeks and yesterday I added a new vx disk.  This
caused Orca to give me the classic message:

bin/orca: number of columns in line 198 of
/www/orca/data/dbserver1/percol-2002-11-18' does not
match column description.

The graphs show a great hole in the data between 15:50
and 23:55 at which time the messages stopped and
everything was fine.

So the question is: How can I avoid this phenomenon in
the future (other than adding all my new disks at
23:53)?

Thanks,

Peter