[Orca-users] one client will not update

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Jan 9 10:13:56 PST 2003

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:

> >Which version of Orca, orcallator.se and orcallator.cfg are you using?
>
> I'm using 0.27b2 of orca, version 1.28 of orcallator.se and I have the
> version of orcallator.cfg that says version 0.264 or Orca is required. The
> file size (of orcallator.cfg) is: 17196.  Not sure which version it is.
>
> >I would stop Orca, delete that client's RRD files and restart
> >Orca.  Let me know if this helps.
>
> I did as you suggested, but it did not help.  The original graph gets
> created and new rrd files were created but the graph does not update twice
> an hour like cron tells it to.  It has not updated at all.  So it looks
> much the same.

Hmm.  Odd.  Are the clocks synced between the client and the Orca
server?  Has

When you're trying this stuff, I would turn off cron and run Orca
by hand to make sure that it start and runs to completion.  It
has a locking mechanism to ensure that only one Orca process is
running at a time.  Maybe this got in the way of your test?

Try stopping Orca, and deleting both the RRD and the orca.state
file and rerunning Orca.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/