[Orca-users] Really basic question RE: nfs mounting

Michael O'Dea modea at upoc-inc.com
Wed Nov 5 14:27:00 PST 2003

The way we currently use it is one host runs Orca, which nfs mounts the percol files from an nfs server, which in turn has a mount point that each client that writes the orcallator files to.

ex:

orcahost:  mounts ro  [nfsserver]/nfs/orca/orcallator under /opt/orcaVERSION/orcallator

orca clients: mounts rw [nfsserver]/nfs/orca/orcallator/$HOSTNAME

The orcallator.cfg then has a line in find_files that points it to where the files can be found and proceed from.

We are doing this in a sun/Solaris 7/8/9 environment.