[Orca-users] Web log status for Linux?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Oct 6 21:42:15 PDT 2003

Corinna wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm now setting up Orca v0.27 on RedHat Linux box... and the latest version
> of Procallator to collect the data.
> http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/procallator/
>
> right now, it's just monitoring and graphing itself... things seem to
> work... except Web server status graphing.
>
> I mean, i can graph all the Uptime, CPU Usage, etc, etc... but the graphs of
> all Web (Apache) related info (e.g. Web hit rate, Web Server Data Transfer
> Rate, etc, etc) are all missing...
>
> I recall when installing Orca, I used the command:
> ./configure --with-html-dir=/home/orcawww
> --with-nsca-log=/var/log/httpd/access_log
>
> I'm not even sure now whether it's the procallator, or the orca that I
> didn't configure right...
> can anyone please help me on that?  and any experience that can share?

Hi Corinna,

You're not doing anything wrong, it's just that procallator doesn't
record that data (yet).

I think there was some recent discussion on web log stats for Orca
discussed on orca-users or orca-dev.  I'd check the archive and see
if you can find anything there.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/