[Orca-users] Anyone using Orca with rsync?

Diana N dianaorcaw at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 8 10:27:06 PDT 2003

--- Kalpesh Patel <kpatel at familypatel.com> wrote:
> I believe that Orca doesn't care how the rrd files
> get there as long they
> are available to be read by Orca when it is ran.

I actually ment the orcallator files. When I deleted
the old ones (all the files that were not from
"today"), I got tons of warnings from Orca. It looks
like it does care about all the files that it had
sometime. I guess it has to do with the orca.state
file found in var/orca/rrd/orcallator directory. I
noticed all the file names are there..

[..]
> Caution is
> that I do not run Orca in daemon mode but rather it
> goes out every hour and
> fetches the files and creates all plots.

I see..
Did you set any parameter for that? How do you let it
know that it shouldn't run as a daemon?