[Orca-users] procallator problem

Marcos Vinicius Lazarini lazarini at nics.unicamp.br
Wed Oct 29 16:23:58 PST 2003

Hi Rich,

Your tip almost solved the problem. At the client, it is ok, but at the
NFS server, the NFS/automount are actually localmounts. So, when someone
access an automounted directory, orca automaticaly stops updating the
graphics (complaining about 'wrong number of colluns'), until the
automount releases this mountpoint.

For some unknown reason, when I started procallator with some of these
automounted directories mounted, they are not unmounted anymore. Probably
procallator fetch each run (5 min) something that resets the timeout from
automount.

As a workaround (maybe there's a better solution than that), I've added
this switch:  --exclude-type=none. As the automount mount directories
already mounted (not a HD partition), the filesystem type is none. Let's
see if it stay stable.

Marcos Lazarini