[Orca-users] Multiple versions of the same graph?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Apr 2 12:05:30 PST 2004

David Michaels wrote:

> Hello, Orcafolks!
>
> I've been using Orca now since August, and it's been extremely useful in
> identifying performance bottlenecks, and creating a record of resource
> utilization and growth of the project and whatnot.
>
> I have a little problem with it at the moment that's really just more of
> an annoyance.  I have "Disk Space Percent Usage" graphs that show up in
> the summary page, but there are like 12 copies of the graph in the
> page.  The graphs aren't exactly identical -- in most cases, the order
> of the filesystems represented is shuffled around, but all the
> filesystems are the same.  In some of the graphs, though, some
> filesystems are absent.  The same thing happens with Disk Run Percent
> graphs.  I took a snapshot of the webpage, and put it up for
> display--check out http://rooth.org/orca (only npd-snow has graphs).
>
> Any ideas as to how I can trim those copies down to one graph?

Wait for me to fix Orca :)

I've got a solution in mind based off a patch that somebody sent
in to the orca mailing list.

You could try this patch for now

http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-dev/2003-July/000389.html

but I want to get Orca to look at the data sources itself
which plots are volatile so that the user doesn't have to
configure the config file by hand.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/