[Orca-users] Help a newbie out

Brian F. brian at cv.net
Sat Apr 3 12:56:23 PST 2004

I've only just downloaded and gotten everything installed on a Solaris8 (SPARC) server.
I was attracted to Orca after seeing the wide array of information graphed on sites around the net.
I'm just not getting how to create a config file to graph the one thing i'm looking to graph.
What i have is daily logs from mail servers in the following format.

MSGLOADHR        00         23004
MSGLOADHR        01         50364
MSGLOADHR        02         45444
MSGLOADHR        03         48593
MSGLOADHR        04         50701
MSGLOADHR        05         43412
MSGLOADHR        06         46165
MSGLOADHR        07         45057
MSGLOADHR        08         37828
MSGLOADHR        09         48084
MSGLOADHR        10         56722
MSGLOADHR        11         64746
MSGLOADHR        12         65716
MSGLOADHR        13         56757
MSGLOADHR        14         64573
MSGLOADHR        15         60849
MSGLOADHR        16         64900
MSGLOADHR        17         65575
MSGLOADHR        18         70603
MSGLOADHR        19         69434
MSGLOADHR        20         59328
MSGLOADHR        21         63066
MSGLOADHR        22         55981
MSGLOADHR        23         54380

That's the amount of messages processed per hour per 24 hours.
How do you go about getting orca to parse the log files everyday for the above data, and plot this into a graph for my webserver to display?
Does someone have a sample config that does roughly the same thing?

Regards,
Brian F.