[Orca-users] Max number of systems logged

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Wed Apr 7 16:21:46 PDT 2004

> Is there a maximum number of systems that orca is capable of logging? If
> you are logging a large number (>50) are there any parameters that would
> be helpful to change?
>
> I've changed 'interval' to 600 and 'late_interval' to 1200.

I wouldn't change 'interval', especially if the machine isn't doing
anything other than Orca.

It might take more than 5 minutes to process the logs, but that's okay,
it'll just pick up the next time.

If you change interval, then the actual resolution on the images may
change, and that may not be what you want.  (It probably won't change on
any RRDs that already exist, but any new RRDs will be created with the
new interval).

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com