[Orca-users] cpu useage

Shea Martin smartin at arcis.com
Thu May 6 07:51:38 PDT 2004

I have orca collecting/processing data for over 100 nodes, soon to add
another 32.  It is eating up as much CPU as it can get on 900MHz SPARC
III Cu (usually 100%).  It has been running that way now for 2.5 weeks.
Is this to be expected?  Do you guys generally designate a specific
network node to just run orca?

What happens if I stop the orca script for a few weeks.  Then run it for
a week?  Will there be holes in the data, will the orca script try to
start where it left off, and catch up?

Thanks,

~Shea M.

______
the individual(s) named.  If you have received it by mistake, please let
us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy
this message or disclose its contents to anyone.  For complete disclaimer
information please see http://arcis.com/emaildisclaimer .