[Orca-users] RE:Some questions about procallator and orca.

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat May 15 23:37:16 PDT 2004

marmth at ig.com.br wrote:

> Blair,
>
>      The orca is running ok now, bu if you could answer some questions I
> liked so mtchu, thanks.
>      I found procallator and I installed it following this instructions that
> I found in README file.  I have some questions about this instructions .

Marcos,

It looks like you're using the procallator from orca-0.27.tar.bz2.  This
is pretty old.  The procallator support should be much better integrated
with the configure stuff in the latest beta snapshot available at

http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

I wouldn't waste time on the old system.  I will answer your questions
below.

>>Installation:
>>The installation is quite simple.
>>- Edit script procallator.pl and adjust the configurable parameters on the
>
> beginning of this file
>
>      1st - I found in directory orca-0.27\contrib\procallator only this
> files :
>
>              - install.sh
>              - procallator
>              - procallator.cfg
>              - procallator.pl.in
>              - Readme
>              - Todo
>              - update_orca_server.sh
>
>             I changed the name of the file procallator.pl.in
> to procallator.pl because when I tryed to run install.sh script an error
> ocurred .  The message was about the script procallator.pl couldn´t not find
>
>             Is it correct to change the name of this file procallator.pl.in?

The configure script generates procallator.pl from procallator.pl.in.

>       3th - I changed $DEST_DIR="/usr/local/var/orca/$HOSTNAME"; to
> $DEST_DIR="/opt/orca/$HOSTNAME";.  This is the place where I installed orca.

You probably want to drop this data into a subdirectory, such as
/var/orca/procallator/$HOSTNAME.

>  Have I change another line in the script ?

>>- Edit install.sh script and check it
>

>          I edited install.sh script only the line where the orca location´ve
> been written .  The orther parts of the script looks correct .
>

>>- as root run install.sh
>
>          ok.
>

>>- configure the distribution mecanism
>
>          I didn´t understand about this 'mecanism' .

This means how to get the data from the measured host to the system
running Orca.  Presumably right now they are on the same system, so this
     isn't a problem for you.