[Orca-users] Color selection

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu May 20 17:00:53 PDT 2004

Using orcallator.se 1.35 and orca v0.27 on a Solaris 8 box, using the
"volatile" code.

The attached graph shows my disk space percent usage for my server,
npd-snow.  As you can see, the colors alternate.  That's intentional to
demonstrate the problem I'm having -- the last two filesystems get
assigned the same color.  I do not have this problem on other systems
running the same code (though they all have /fewer/ filesystems than
this one).

Could this be an OBOE?

Here's the relevant section of my orcallator.cfg.  Note that if I leave
out any "color" lines, Orca assigns the colors as it sees fit, but the
last two filesystems always get assigned the same color (in the case of
no color specifications, the color is gray).

plot {
title                   %g Disk Space Percent Usage
source                  orcallator
data                    mntP_(.*)
line_type               line2
legend                  $1
y_legend                Percent Used
data_min                0
data_max                100
plot_min                0
plot_max                100
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
color           00ff00
color           ff00ff
volatile                mntP
href
http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#disk_space_percent_usage
}

I'd like to be able to distinguish between those last two filesystems,
somehow. ;)

--

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.

"I wonder what news is doing..."

 news at newshost <29> ps -fu news
 news 18624 12367 2 0:00 makehistory

"News is making history."