[Orca-users] Who has used orcallator on Solaris 10?

Peter Shattuck pshattuck4 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:42:00 PDT 2005

I am running ORCA on a SunBlade 150 running Solaris 10

orca-0.27b3
perl-5.8.5
gcc-3.3.2
rrdtool-1.0.49
Storable-2.13
Math-Interpolate-1.05
make-3.80
glib-2.6.3
expat-1.95.5
Data-Dumper-2.121
latest version of RICHPse (sorry can't remeber)

had to do some tweaking

chgrp sys se.sparcv9.5.9

comment out the RAW DISK reference in orcallator.se

various code edits for some of the dependencies that insist in telling you
where your gcc (RRD-Tool) or Perl (Some of the Perl mods) should be instead
of querying where it's actually located.

Also had to tweak some of the Makefiles in some of ORCA subdirectories for
performance tweaks to GCC that GCC does not understand. My solution would be
let the users set the environment on how they like GCC to run instead of
stating it in the Makefile... my 2 cents.