[Orca-users] winallator SourceFile patch error

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Dec 28 19:48:59 PST 2005

Erich Oberle wrote:
> I received an error when trying to patch my SourceFile.pm file in Orca for
> winallator use.  Here's the SourceFile.pm.rej file output:
>
> ***************
> *** 31,36 ****
>   use Orca::Utils         qw(email_message);
>   use vars                qw(@ISA $VERSION);
>
>   @ISA     = qw(Orca::DataFile);
>   $VERSION = substr q$Revision: 0.01 $, 10;
>
> --- 31,40 ----
>   use Orca::Utils         qw(email_message);
>   use vars                qw(@ISA $VERSION);
>
> + # Andy Fox - 2nd July 2002
> + # We need this to convert time into Unix Epoch Time.
> + use Time::Local;
> +
>   @ISA     = qw(Orca::DataFile);
>   $VERSION = substr q$Revision: 0.01 $, 10;
>

> I built a complete orca install on Solaris 10 with 519 snapshot so
> everything should be very current.  Any help on this??  Thanks.
> ---Erich

Erich,

I've updated the patch file in data_gatherers/winallator to apply cleanly.  The
problem is that the patch section contains the Revision portion, so anytime
SourceFile.pm is updated, the patch will break, since Revision will be updated.

This patch does need a nice workover, but I don't have the cycles to do that
now, given that it works.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/