[Orca-users] Orca and SAR data

Tankersley, Jon jon.tankersley at eds.com
Thu Jul 14 08:59:19 PDT 2005

You'd have to turn the multi table data into a single table and create
an EPOCH field.

This will be VERY difficult for two reasons
1) non-trivial to do this in general, but see #2
2) too many variations in the output from SAR for Linux....  (actually
UNIX in general, unfortunately)

Case in point, RH3 lost disk metrics if RAID was involved.  There were
no real disks to be reported.  4.0 put something back in for that.

Procallator might be a better fit - it CAN be run on Solaris too.
Again, variations on the output will occur.