[Orca-users] Orca and SAR data

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Thu Jul 14 10:55:54 PDT 2005

Quoting Ricky Bhatia <whatsyoflava2004 at yahoo.com>:
> I am wanting to retrieve SAR data from multiple hosts and dump the
> data into a round robin database such that RRDTool can read it.
> With Orca, is there a way I could get SAR (System Activity Reporter)
> data collected on Linux and UNIX (Solaris) machines?  If so, how
> would I configure Orca to do so?

What information from SAR do you want that isn't already in the
data Orca collects by default? We discovered Orca when we were looking
for ways to parse and display SAR data. Orca already collected and
displayed all the pieces we wanted so we are ignoring SAR.

There is an article in the March 2004 issue of SysAdmin magazine that
describes how to create your own Orca module if there are parts of SAR
that don't already have Orca equivalents.

--
Cynthia Kiser