[Orca-users] Some graphs missing on orca 0.28.0 (dev 373)

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed May 11 14:12:17 PDT 2005

Joel D. Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running orca 0.27 on Solaris 8 for quite a while and I've decided to upgrade to a newer snapshot (0.28 dev 373). So I went about downloading the new code, compiling, installing. I cleared out all my rrds and my html and let orca go to work on regenerating everything from the source data files. It worked well except for that for every host, a few graphs are missing. The graphs missing are:
>
> Interface Deferred Packet Rate
> Interface Collisions
> Interface Nocanput Rate
> Disk Run Percent
>
> It seems to be that way for every host, and every time period (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.)
>
> Has this been covered before and is there a fix? I looked through the archives of the mail list but didn't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Joel Cohen
> System Administrator
> Davis, Polk & Wardwell

Hi Joel,

This bug has been fixed in the most current release of Orca (0.28.0 dev
454) or later, which you can download from

http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

Let me know if this does or does not work for you.

Here's the change log message for this fix:

     Fix a bug with the new volatile processing code where a ? character
     can now appear in the HTML and image filenames when the 'data'
     parameter in an Orca configuration file contains a ? character.
     Filenames containing a ? character can not be download by the
     browser because the web server interprets the ? character as the
     start of a CGI parameter name=value pair query string and removes
     the query portion from the URL when it looks for the file in the
     filesystem and hence does not open() the correct filename.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/consulting/