[Orca-users] Segmentation Fault

Cockcroft, Adrian acockcroft at ebay.com
Fri Nov 4 11:20:38 PST 2005

250-ish sounds like a file descriptor limit issue

Try increasing the limit in the shell and see if it fails at a different
point, you can use ulimit -n to check and set the limit

The opendir call uses a fd for each directory it opens, I'm not sure why
this would be an issue for you and not others, perhaps your directory
structure is different somehow and the directories aren't being closed
properly in the code, so this function would leak file descriptors.

Adrian