[Orca-users] orca client problems

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Feb 1 21:31:43 PST 2006

Ramkumar Raghavan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I am trying to setup orcal client but I am not able to start it.
>
> The server is a Solaris 8 Sparc machine. I have installed the RICHPse
> package under /opt.
> I have donloaded a orcaclient.pkg.tar.gz
> <http://www.solarisadmin.com/orca/pub/orcaclient.pkg.tar.gz> package
> from the site http://www.solarisadmin.com/orca/orcaclient.shtml
> <http://www.solarisadmin.com/orca/orcaclient.shtml> and have installed it.
>
> I am trying to start the client /etc/init.d/orcallatator start but I the
> client is not getting started. It sets a pid file but the process is not
> there.
>
> Please let me know whether this is correct procedure for orca client
> installation.
>
> Regards
> Ramkumar Raghavan

Hello Ramkumar,

The procedure sounds correct.  However, I don't know the version of orcallator
included with orcaclient.pkg.tar.gz.

Can you run

sh -x /etc/init.d/orcallatator start

and send the output?  That should give some clue as to what's going on.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
CTO, OrcaWare Technologies
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion training, consulting and support
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/