[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:34:16 PST 2006

Whups, I guess it would help to provide some specs :)

My dedicated orca box is a Sunfire V250 runnnig Solaris 9

Yea this is a wierd one.  I did have some problems with the make command, I
kept getting a message complaining about rrdtool.  I looked up the error and
everything I found pointed to a missing path for /usr/ccs/bin.  This was
very strange to me because I am not having any problems with RRD at all with
Orca 027. I added /usr/ccs/bin to my path and ran another configure but the
error was still there.  I tried a few things based on similar problems
people have had but nothing worked.  I ended up configuring with the
parameter to leave out rrdtool.  Here are the options I used to configure:

/configure --with-html-dir=/var/apache/htdocs/orca5
--prefix=/usr/local/orca5 --with-var-dir=/usr/local/var/orca5
--without-RRDtool

That was the one that worked, at least it *appeared* to work because the
make didn't complain after that.  But now that I think about it, did I shoot
myself in the foot by leaving out rrdtool?  I am not real clear if using the
--without-package just doesn't install the package or if it compiles Orca to
not use it.  Seems to me that  compiling Orca to not use RRD would be
pointless but I may be missing something there..

T.