[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Feb 11 06:51:48 PST 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Tonij T. wrote:

> Whups, I guess it would help to provide some specs :)
>
> My dedicated orca box is a Sunfire V250 runnnig Solaris 9
>
> Yea this is a wierd one.  I did have some problems with the make
> command, I kept getting a message complaining about rrdtool.  I
> looked up the error and everything I found pointed to a missing
> path for /usr/ccs/bin.  This was very strange to me because I am
> not having any problems with RRD at all with Orca 027. I added /usr/
> ccs/bin to my path and ran another configure but the error was
> still there.  I tried a few things based on similar problems people
> have had but nothing worked.  I ended up configuring with the
> parameter to leave out rrdtool.  Here are the options I used to
> configure:
>
> /configure --with-html-dir=/var/apache/htdocs/orca5 --prefix=/usr/
> local/orca5 --with-var-dir=/usr/local/var/orca5 --without-RRDtool
>
> That was the one that worked, at least it *appeared* to work
> because the make didn't complain after that.  But now that I think
> about it, did I shoot myself in the foot by leaving out rrdtool?  I
> am not real clear if using the --without-package just doesn't
> install the package or if it compiles Orca to not use it.  Seems to
> me that  compiling Orca to not use RRD would be pointless but I may
> be missing something there..

Yes, Orca without RRDtool just won't work :)  The Orca configure
script will ignore the --without-RRDtool command line option.

Looking through start_orca_services, it's looking to talk to a RADIUS
server.

sub init_radius {
   my ($db,$user,$pass) = @_;

     use DBI;

     $RADdbh   = DBI->connect($db,$user,$pass);
     if(!$RADdbh) {
         print "Connect error $DBI::errstr\n";
         return 1;
     }

BTW, the start_orca_services is not the script that starts Orca.
Orca_services is a separate data gathering tool, much like orcallator
and procallator.  So I'm guessing that's not what you want to be
running, unless you explicitly set it up.