[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:55:15 PST 2006

>But having -d shouldn't have broken anything.  *blink*

See below!

>>So instead of going to http://host:/orca/ I point my browser to
>>http://host:orca5/
>>

>Those are syntactically different -- just a typo, I guess?
>(btw, why do you put a : after host with no port # specified?)

Meh, I was just typing too fast :D The idea was to point out the difference
between the orca/ location and the orca5/ location.  Good catch tho!

>Check the permissions on the new directory, orca5/orcallator (ls -slad
>/var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator)
>Make sure it matches the permissions of the old directory.
>Make sure it's owned by the same user who's running the new Orca process.
>Make sure this new path matches the path you specify in the new
>orcallator.cfg file.

This was it! Permissions problems.  Hard to believe that one still crops up
on me, you would think I know better by now!  But that did it, finally, I
have R525 running and so far it looks great.  I like the changes in colors,
especially the idle time for CPU usage.  Now I am experimenting with
breaking up the disk usage plots...should know soon how that is working out.

One last (hopefully) question.  Do I need to update all of my clients with
the R525 orcallator?  Or will it be ok to use the existing one and just use
the 525 Orca on the main collection box?