[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Feb 13 09:50:46 PST 2006

> Ack, I found out what I was doing wrong.  The new version doesnt need
> the -d anymore, at least that is what I see on the manual page.  So,
> on to the next issue (I knew I wouldnt get off that easy!)

But having -d shouldn't have broken anything.  *blink*

> Since I am testing R525 in a different location than my existing 027
> install, I had to add another entry to my web server for the alias, i.e.
>
> Alias /orca5/ /var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator/
> <Directory "/var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator">
>    Options None
>    AllowOverride AuthConfig
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>

I just put different orca's in different subdirectories of my $HOME/www
directory (which Apache is set up to use for http://host/~user), so
reconfiguring my web server isn't needed when I test new revs of Orca.

> So instead of going to http://host:/orca/ I point my browser to
> http://host:orca5/

Those are syntactically different -- just a typo, I guess?
(btw, why do you put a : after host with no port # specified?)
> So I made this addition to httpd.conf for Apache2, restarted the web
> server and Orca (pointing to my new install at /usr/local/orca5/bin)
> and Orca appears to be running.  When I go to my new address, I get an
> "Access forbidden!" message.  I compared
> /var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator to the 027 install which uses
> /var/apache/htdocs/orca/orcallator.
>
> They are *almost* identical, except the orca5 location does not have
> an index.html file.  To test out my web server config, I copied the
> index.html from the 027 install into the orca5 location and I am able
> to see it, so I take that as verification that I have the web server
> set up correctly,
>
> But it looks like this index.html  file is not being created for the
> upgraded Orca install....any ideas on where to look next?

Check the permissions on the new directory, orca5/orcallator (ls -slad
/var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator)
Make sure it matches the permissions of the old directory.
Make sure it's owned by the same user who's running the new Orca process.
Make sure this new path matches the path you specify in the new
orcallator.cfg file.

> I am so close I can almost smell it...!

Hope it smells good! ;)

--Dragon