[Orca-users] orca make error gcc KPIC

Dave "Dragon" Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Feb 16 09:44:08 PST 2006

Blair Zajac wrote:

> David Michaels wrote:
>

>>     if [ -f $makefile ]; then
>>         ed $makefile <<EOF
>

> Wow, an ed script.  Never saw one of those before :)

<_<  Heh, umm, yeah, probably cleaner to do a sed followed by a check
followed by a cp followed by a remove.  But .. it's just a hack. ;)

> Anyway we could get a Perl version :)  It would be easier to
> maintain.  And maybe we should check this into Subversion.

I'd rather figure out why those Makefiles aren't getting created
properly, and fix that. :)  I mean, not everyone complains about this
problem, only a few people, so what's different about us that causes
this problem, I wonder ...

But yes, I'm sure I can perl-ify it in a nice way, and maybe make it
more friendly in the process -- like, backing up the old/busted
Makefile, for instance, maybe with a timestamp and all that.

I'll put it on my todo list. ;)

--D