[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:27:51 PST 2006

>Tonij T. wrote:
>>>This is basically a perl regex.  While your approach would normally be
>>>logical, it doesn't work in this case.  Replace my ! with a : in order to
>>>make it inclusive.  You can see other examples of this in orcallator.cfg,
>>>such as in the Interfaces graphs, and in the group orcallator {}
>>>definition (in find_files).
>>>
>>>Never confuse "perl" with "logic". ;)
>>>
>>>Note: without the ?! or ?:, the matching text for the expression in ()
>>>would get saved in a reference variable (e.g., $1, $2, etc).  This, btw,
>>>is also clarified in the comments above the group orcallator {}
>>>definition in the orcallator.cfg file.
>>>
>>>--Dragon
>>>

>>Thanks.  I fixed the statement and I am no longer getting an error, I have
>>a new graph (yay!) but it does not appear to be filtering anything...could
>>this be related to the other response that suggested I look for DBI.pm?  I
>>ran the perl command
>>
>>perl -e "use DBI"
>
>No.  Orca doesn't need DBI.
>
>What do you mean by filtering?
>
>Blair

By filtering I mean making custom plots that only show what I want to see,
i.e just oracle mounts or specific file systems.   Using Davids example I
now have a plot that is showing me *almost* what I want to see, but I am
still confused about the Perl regexp. logic.  In particular, I want to
ignore any file system that starts with .alt or has .alt anywhere in the
path.  Right now this is the entry I have in a custom  "Disk space Percent
Usage" plot:

data                    mntP_(?!/(?:oracle|\.*alt.*|BATCH))(.*)

Its ignoring everything except the .alt filesystems, I think the "." is
throwing things off although I expect the \ to escape it.  But as David
already pointed out I can't confuse Perl with logic :D

Any ideas what the syntax would be to ignore any file systems with ".alt"
anywhere in the path? (Some to them are created in /tmp and some are at the
root)

TIA,