[Orca-users] Problems running orcallator r525

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:35:38 PST 2006

Hi all,

First of all, 1000 thank yous to David Michaels and Blair Zajac for helping
out with upgrading to the snapshot r525.  I have it running now and could
not be happier with the improvments.  You guys rock!

The next obvious step is using the new orcallator instead of the 027
version.  I *think* I have it installed correclty on a new system; by "new",
I mean a system that previously had no orca installed anywhere on it.  I
took these steps:

Installed the Se Toolkit version 3.3.1

orca-snapshot-r525/data_gatherers/
make
make install
make orcallator_run_at_boot

Everything appeared to go ok, so I attempted to start orcallator:

/etc/init.d/orcallator start
Writing data into /usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/vcdev/
Starting logging
Sending output to nohup.out

...but no orcallator process is running.  I did some digging and found I
could run the command manually, hopefully to get some more information.
Here is what I got:

/opt/RICHPse/bin/se -DWATCH_OS -I/usr/local/lib/SE/3.3.1sleep
/usr/local/lib/orcallator.se
"/usr/local/lib/orcallator.se", line 91: Can't find include file
orca_p_netstat_class.se
"/usr/local/lib/orcallator.se", line 93: Can't find include file
orca_p_vmstat_class.se
"/opt/RICHPse/include/live_rules.se", line 101: error: syntax error
"/opt/RICHPse/include/live_rules.se", line 101: fatal: Errors detected.
Exiting.
"/usr/local/lib/orcallator.se", line 328: Can't find include file
tapeinfo.se

Any idea what that is all about?  I can't find those *class.se files
anywhere so I am not sure where to go from here.