[Orca-users] Clearing data

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Jul 10 14:05:26 PDT 2006

Edward Ortiz wrote:

> I recently updated some of my partitions monitored by Orca by
> mirroring them. The partitions went from the naming convention of
> c1t0d0, c1t1d0, etc.. to md10, md11, etc.. as I'm now using Solaris
> Volume Manager. My question is how can I clear the old data from the
> "Disk Run Percent" graphs? I also have mount points that were
> temporary (/mnt/opt, /mnt/var, etc...) but are still listed in the
> "Disk Space Percent" graphs with zero data. I'd like to clear those as
> well in order to clean up the graphs a little.
>
> OS: Solaris 9, Orca 0.28.0 (dev 525)

Do you want to actually delete the data, or do you want to suppress it
from being displayed on the graphs?

I handled it on my machine by constraining the data via a regexp to the
"data" line in the plot in question.  For example, all my internal disks
(and only my intenral disks) show up as c#t#d#, so I made a distinct
plot for them:

plot {
title                   %g Disk Run Percent Internal Disks
source                  orcallator
data                    disk_runp_((?:c1t\d+d\d+))
line_type               line2
legend                  $1
y_legend                Run Percent
data_min                0
data_max                100
plot_min                0
plot_max                100
href
http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#disk_run_percent
}

You could do something similar for your mirrored disks, using an
appropriate regular expression.  Maybe something like this:

data                    disk_runp_((?:md\d))

Though I didn't test that syntax, so it might not work as-written.

As for the disk usage, which uses mountpoints, you'd probably want to
exclude temporary mounts like things in /mnt.  For example, in my disk
usage plot, I don't want to see the Veritas checkpoints I maintain,
because they'd give me redundant information anyway (same #s as the base
filesystem they're checkpointing).  So, I do this to exclude them:

data            mntP_(?!/(?:vxckpt|checkpoints|veritas))(.*)

In your case, it would look a bit simpler, most likely:

data            mntP_(?!/mnt)(.*)

Though I didn't test that syntax, so it might not work as-written.

Hope this helps,
--Dragon