[Orca-users] Trace a vertical line at the begin of the day/week/month

Julien Caffet julien.caffet at smile.fr
Mon Jun 19 08:13:33 PDT 2006

Hello everybody,

I would like to trace a red vertical line on each graph generating by
orca at the begin of each "period" (for example, trace a line at 0h00 on
daily graph, on monday on weekly graph, etc ...).
The aim of this vertical line is to see easily each period on each graph
(for example, if I analyse the May graph, I can quickly see when start
and stop this month).

I don't know if you understand what I want to explain so I put some
links on which you can see this vertical line:

http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa2000/full_papers/brutlag/brutlag_html/aberrant.gif

http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa2000/full_papers/brutlag/brutlag_html/week.gif

etc ...

I see the "Tick" option in rrdtool but I don't know how to use it.
I installed orca 0.27 with RRDtools 1.2-13 (and the patch for the
timestamp).

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks.

Julien