[Orca-users] Installing Orca 0.27 on Linux 64bit RHE3

csarid csarid at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 09:03:39 PDT 2006

I'm no expert, but I think you may be confusing the reporting piece vs the data collection piece. You can run the data collector as is; which are perl programs; however, you still need the other tools to crunch the data and generate the report.

  Experts!  Is this correct or do I have this completely wrong.

  Have you been able to run both pieces on a 64bit linux system?

  Thanks

Donny Jekels <djekels at gmail.com> wrote:
    i am confused.

  orca are all perl scripts. install it and run. RRD is a seperate tool, download it and install or compile on its own and tell orca where to get it.

  On 10/12/06, csarid <csarid at yahoo.com> wrote:     Hello,

  I am back trying to get this to work on linux 64bit. I have updated perl, RRD, Data dumper, data parse, devel:Dprof, digest:MD5, Math::Interval, and Storable to the most recent stable versions. However, when I make, I am now getting the following errors. Also, you'll notice that the RRD version is 1.0 instead of 1.2.x. This is despite the fact that I modified the Makefile RRD_DIR to point to the new RRD location.

  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

  Any help would be appreciated

  Thanks

   orca-0.27]# make
cd packages
make CFLAGS=-g -O2 || exit 1
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/ORCA/orca-0.27/packages'
cd rrdtool-1.0.40 && ./configure --with-html-dir=/ORCADOCS --cache-file=../../config.cache
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
  checking target system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
  checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
  checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for perl... (cached) /usr/bin/perl
checking for shared library extension... so
checking for the C compiler perl wants to use to build its modules... found
checking for tclConfig.sh in ... no
configure: warning: tclConfig.sh not found - Tcl interface won't be built
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
make[1]: *** [rrdtool-1.0.40/config.status] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/ORCA/orca-0.27/packages'
make: *** [all] Error 1