[Orca-users] Monitor daemons on Solaris

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at acs.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 13 11:30:43 PDT 2007

Raj,

First of all, you need the latest orcallator.se. You can get it from http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/.

Second, under <orca install dir>/lib/SE/ you will find SE classes, written or modified for use with orcallator.se. Just copy 3.4 to 3.4.1 and orcallator's startup script will find all necessary classes.

Then, look here: http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-users/2005-June/004369.html and in the workinfo_class.se file for information about setting up workload data collection.

  HTH,

  -Dmitry.

 _____
From: Rajesh Menon [mailto:rajmen at hotmail.com] Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 1:56 PMTo: Dmitry BerezinSubject: RE: [Orca-users] Monitor daemons on Solaris

Hi Dmitry, I have SE Toolkit 3.4.1 and I don't see workinfo.se under /opt/RICHPse/include. I saw one of your postings with these and some other data files. Could you please let me know how to go about patching the SE Toolkit installation so that I can track the tftp daemon. I have Orcallator 0.27 installed on this Solaris 8 box. I will really appreciate your help. Thanks, Raj

 _____

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:27:26 -0400From: dberezin at acs.rutgers.eduSubject: RE: [Orca-users] Monitor daemons on SolarisTo: rajmen at hotmail.com; orca-users at orcaware.com

Raj,

You can use Workload information. Current version of orcallator has a built-in support for it.

  -Dmitry.

 _____

From: orca-users-bounces+dberezin=acs.rutgers.edu at orcaware.com [mailto:orca-users-bounces+dberezin=acs.rutgers.edu at orcaware.com] On Behalf Of Rajesh MenonSent: Friday, August 10, 2007 2:51 PMTo: orca-users at orcaware.comSubject: [Orca-users] Monitor daemons on Solaris

Hello All,

I need to modify orca to monitor TFTP daemons on a Sun server. How can I go about this? I tried to follow the httpd monitoring methods, but not got anywhere. Any pointers to this would be very helpful. All I need is the number of TFTP daemons invoked in a day / week / month.

Thanks,

Raj

 _____

See what you're getting into.before you go there See it!

 _____
Messenger Café - open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily. Visit now.