[Orca-users] Need help , cant Install Orca on Linux [RHES 4 nahant update2]

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:47:43 PST 2007

First, RHEL4 has SE built in. When you installed you will have been
asked if you wanted SE Linux enabled or not and if enabled, if you
wanted it in permissive or enforcing mode. If you have Gnome
installed and know the root password, go to Applications -> System
Settings -> Security Level and look at the SE Linux tab to see how
your system is currently configured.

Orcallator is the data gatherer for Solaris systems, so not sure you
want to install it. For Linux systems, you'll want to run procallator
as your data gatherer.

Which brings me to the error messages you are getting.
	/opt/orca/bin/orca: no data files found.  Make sure
	`find_files' parameter is set properly.
Are there data files in /opt/orca/bin/orca? Where is your data
gatherer actually putting files? If you haven't set procallator to run
on your RHEL4 system, then you probably don't have any data files, in
opt or elsewhere. Look at the last step in the INSTALL file that came
with your source code and see if you have created the correct
directories, edited the config file, and run the data gatherer. Given
the set of errors you list, I think you missed a data gatherer step or
two.