[Orca-users] Need help , cant Install Orca on Linux [RHES 4 nahant update2]

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:19:18 PST 2007

Please keep correspondence on the list.

Quoting Ramesh <ramesh.yadav at gmail.com>:
> Please help me in setting up Orca, here is what I'm doing
>
> ./configure --with-html-dir=/var/www/html/html_dir
> --with-ncsa-log=/var/www/logs/acess_log
> because /var/www/ is my webserver root directory.
>
> After that I am compliling and installing the perl module listed in INSTALL
> file.
> there is no step mention for how to gather data and at which location data
> files should be placed.

Yes there is. Have you followed steps 8 and 9 in the INSTALL doc:
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/repos/orca/trunk/INSTALL

> Please tell me how to go about it ...  how do i gather data and in which
> directory ??

That depends on how you have edited the config file. The config file
has a canonical location that depends on your ./configure options, but
you can change it.

> how to configure orcallator.cfg and what needs to be edited??

The main thing you need to do is set the basedir - which is where the
data files and rrdtool databases will end up.

> how do  I use RHEL se toolkit ??

Adrian already answered that orca on linux doesn't use se - SE in
linux stands for Security enhanced. You want procallator as your data
gatherer.

> how to generate html files ??

run bin/orca -v etc/procallator.cfg