[Orca-users] SE problem

Mike.Kent at indystar.com Mike.Kent at indystar.com
Wed Jan 17 07:47:33 PST 2007

I checked the number of versions and used verbose, didn't find anything
useful.

Then I looked at SE, and bin/se only recognizes sparc and i386 processors,
not the AMD Opteron that's in my new Sun machine. So the solution was to
change in start_orcallator this value:

SE=/opt/RICHPse/bin/se.i386

Apparently the error message "SE version MUST be 3.2.1 or greater.  Please
upgrade SE." is false, probably because it's the only error message it has
in this case.

David Michaels <dragon at raytheon.com>
Sent by: orca-users-bounces+mike.kent=indystar.com at orcaware.com
01/15/07 01:29 PM

Mike.Kent at indystar.com
cc
orca-users at orcaware.com
Subject
Re: [Orca-users] SE problem

It's possible you have two versions of SE on the system, and it's finding
the older one on account of your PATH variable.

If that's the case, either remove the older version, or change your PATH
variable.

If that's not the case, try "which se", and see if maybe there's some
other "se" command floating around in your PATH.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, try adding -verbose to the orca commnad
in the startup script, and see if that gives you more information.

--Dragon nemo omnibus horis sapit

Mike.Kent at indystar.com wrote:

We  have a new Solaris 10 server and we installed Orca 529 and then 528,
and with both startup says "SE version MUST be 3.2.1 or greater.  Please
upgrade SE."

But SE is 3.4.

How do we fix this so we can run Orca?