[Orca-users] collecting process information

Beck, Joseph jbeck at seic.com
Wed Mar 14 12:10:51 PDT 2007

We currently use orca throughout our environment (120 sun boxes) & it's
useful for many reasons.

One glaring piece missing, though, is process information.

I haven't setup orca in the past & in this environment I've only added
agents/clients.

So, I'm not sure if this process info gap is specific to our
implementation or if it's not there in orca by default.

Either way, my goal is to collect process info in order to be able to
connect the dots between a load (or spike) & a process.

Is this capability there out of the box with orca? If not, has there
been any efforts to leverage prstat, psio.se, etc. to collect & graph
it?

Ultimately, I'd like to get to organizing processes into workloads &
begin to understand our application resource utilization.

Thanks for any feedback or references,

Joe Beck Ciber Inc. - a consultant to SEI  One Freedom Valley Drive/ 100
Cider Mill Road| Oaks, PA 19456 | p: 610.676.2258 | jbeck at seic.com