[Orca-users] Gaps in Orca graphs

David Aitchison David.Aitchison at abci.gov.au
Wed Apr 26 17:01:44 PDT 2000

Hi all,

I have recently installed orca on a central server, and SE3 on a number of other servers.  SE3 stats are constantly NFS mounted to the central server.  All is not well.

I have found that if any jobs run (other than orcallator) which do anything to the percol-... files, orca stops graphing for a number of hours.  When the graphing starts properly again, there is a gap in the corresponding host's graphs.  This is particularly a problem when running backups, etc.

Stats are being collected by SE3 throughout this time, no problems.

Perhaps this is a problem with my NFS mounts, but I am interested in hearing from anyone who has had a similar problem.  It is frustrating me no end.

Thanks,

David Aitchison
David.Aitchison at abci.gov.au
(02) 6243 5610       ---       0402 057671

  -----------------------------------------  ooOOoo  ----------------------------------------
One of the greatest labour saving inventions of today is tomorrow.
  -----------------------------------------  ooOOoo  ----------------------------------------

The information contained in this email and any files attached may
be confidential information to the intended recipient and may be
the subject of legal privilege or public interest immunity.

If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or
copying is unauthorised.

If you have received this document in error please telephone
+61 2 6243 5666.

by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

Double your manufacturer's warranty on all computers,
home appliances, and electronics AND win up to $500
towards your purchase!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3749/7/_/804404/_/956793801/