[Orca-users] Re: config file&data file

D.C.Lawie duncanl at demon.net
Wed Jan 19 02:29:11 PST 2000

From: "D.C.Lawie" <duncanl at demon.net>

Hi,

if your installation went alright, an orcallator.cfg is likely to have been
created.  If you aren't on Solaris and skipped that bit, there should still be
a file orcallator.cfg.in in your source which you can use for examples.  The
orca pod is pretty thorough also.

Your actual data file format is simple.  Data elements should have no internal
space and should be whitespace separated.  It is generally easier if you can
use a header line (though careful reading of the pod shows that there are
alternatives).  I think having time info in the data rows makes life easier
too.

e.g.

locltime data1 data2 data3
948153300 1.0 999 0.01
948153600 1.1 987619 0.01
948153900 1.5 4 0.01

mozgunes at ykb.com wrote:

> From: mozgunes at ykb.com
>
> Hi
>
>       I have just installed ORCA 0.25 so i am having troubles in config
> file and data file....
> can somebody help me about how the format of the data file should be ?
>      I dont have any idea how the format of the data file should be.
>
>    For me to create a config file easier, could you please send me some
> examples of config files and the data files?
> or at least is there a default config file that i can make changes on?
>      If you dont have any example, i ll pleased if you send me any hints
> about creating that config file and the data file.
>
> Thanks.
>
> MERT

> You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it.  Sign
> up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation.

D.C. Lawie
duncanl at demon.net
MIS - Demon Internet

" Awareness can´t be doled out like soup, or sold like soap. "
 -- Bruce Sterling, The Manifesto of January 3, 2000.

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?