[Orca-users] Re: Orca Startup Problem

Phillip B. Bruce pbbruce at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 7 20:31:30 PDT 2001

Blair Zajac wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Blair

> from
> > > the
>
> > > still

> > > Reserved.

> Service.
> >
> > Blair,
> >
> >      Orcallator is running as root.
> >      No NFS services.
> >
> >      This is a standalone system that orca is running on what else
> do
> > you need to
> >       know.
> >
> > orca -o -v lib/orcallator.cfg
> > Orca version 0.264 using RRDs version 1.000331 at Sun Oct  7
> 19:17:37
> > 2001.
> > /opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: cannot open state file
> > `/opt/orca/var/orca/rrd/orcallator/orca.state' for reading: No such
> file
> > or directory
> > Creating orca.gif.
> > Creating rrdtool.gif.
> > Finding files and setting up data structures at Sun Oct  7 19:17:37
> > 2001.
> > /opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: no files found for `find_files' for
> `group
> > orcallator' in `lib/orcallator.cfg'.
> > RSS  VSZ %MEM        TIME     USER   PID COMMAND
> > 3876 4748  1.6        0:01     root  1263 /usr/bin/perl
> > Current running time is 0:00 minutes.
> > /opt/orca/bin/orca: no data files found.  Make sure `find_files'
> > parameter is set properly.
> >
> > Again unless I do the following:
> >
> > # touch orca.state
> >
> > The find_files for group orcallator with no data files found. I have
>
> > everything configured correctly.
> > As I have repeatedly stated that I've have removed and started all
> over
> > again and again on this.
> >
> > So far I'm not all that impressed at least not with installation and
>
> > configuration. Compiling was not
> > an issue and worked just fine. Also SETOOLS installations requires
> that
> > SEPATH be set. Your only neededing
> > it for accuracy so the perl can pick up the path in case MORONS who
> > cannot understand the purpose of environment
> > variables or even the use LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables. Which is a good
>
> > thing to do but a little more work on
> > your part could have prevented that also.
> >
> > You have a good program and I was impressed when 2.6 was installed
> and
> > only had a small issue. It seems like
> > that is all falling apart since then.
> >
> > --
> > *** Phillip B. Bruce                                     ***
> > *** http://pbbruce.home.mindspring.com                   ***
> > *** pbbruce at mindspring.com                               ***
> > ***                                                      ***
> > *** "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than    ***
> > *** you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you    ***
> > *** is a maniac." - George Carlin                        ***

                            [Image]

Blair,

   Here is the much need out put that you need. Let me know what the
next steps are.

   As for SETools is running version 3.2.1 and everything with it run's
correctly.

   A thought to keep in mind which orcallator.se should be running the
one that comes
   with SETools or yours. Why have so many?