[Orca-users] Re[6]: How many orca installations

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at Tempe.ate.slb.com
Tue Oct 30 09:36:36 PST 2001

Allen Eastwood <mixal at swbell.net> wrote:
> > I'm using a slightly older version - could you look at the
> > output of orcallator.se and see if the column titles are
> > 'State_*' or 'state_*'? (and look in the config file for the
> > matching string, if you want to take the next step ;-)
>
> The percol files have state_ in them.

That's what I was expecting...

> The orcallator.cfg file doesn't have matching strings.  I kinda figured
> that's what I was missing.  If I drop whatever is supposed to be in
> there, then I should generate graphs, correct?

It should.  I've had trouble with it sometimes needing to have everything
cleaned out, but that's not how its supposed to happen.  In other words:

"Yes." (if you are not me ;-)

> Can you shoot me a copy of the lines in your cfg that generate the state
> graphs?

sure - just add this somewhere in your ocallator.cfg file:

plot {
title			%g Subsystem State
source			orcallator
data			state_D
data			state_N
data			state_n
data			state_s
data			state_r
data			state_k
data			state_c
data			state_m
data			state_d
data			state_i
data			state_t
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
line_type		line2
legend			Disk state
legend			Network state
legend			NFS RPC client state
legend			Swap space state
legend			RAM demand state
legend			Kerenel memory state
legend			CPU power state
legend			Kernel contention state
legend			DNLC state
legend			Inode cache state
legend			TCP/IP stack state
y_legend		Severity level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

>   I guess Blair hasn't put that in the cfg files on the web site
> yet?

Wow - I thought he had.  Oh, well...

> Thanks!

rc