[Orca-users] Re: How to view older data in detail?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed May 15 09:57:02 PDT 2002

restless7 wrote:

> Orca... great product.
>
> Is it possible to view the daily data from a certain day in the
> past?  I mean, after perhaps 3 months or so, how can we view the
> detailed 18 hour window data for that particular day?
>
> A way I can think of is to make a copy of your orca directory but
> only have the day of particular interest in your actual data
> directory.  Then re-run orca to create  your html.  Since only 1 day
> will be in the data you should be able to view it.
>
> Shirley there's an easier way!

There's no really easy way to do this.  People typically will have
cron make a copy of the html directory on a daily or weekly basis.

Also, another problem is that the RRD files, to maintain constant
size, for older data consolidate the data, so after X days, N
measurements are min, max or averaged into one measurement.

A CGI could be set up to view the older data, but no CGI exists
yet and it would show data with the lower resolution.