[Orca-users] Orcallator script for windows

Rajesh Verma Rajesh.Verma at PalmettoHealth.org
Fri Nov 21 07:08:10 PST 2003

Answers..

1. I have just tried only on Windowss 2000. I have ask my Windows NT admin for that.

2. You have to use these bin/lib and source.pm  file for only windows data. Make separate directory structure for that. This SourceFile.pm will not work with other data files.

3. Yes you have to install openssh/openssl and rsync to use rsync/ssh. Cygwin has install/skip option.
Oh yes  I remember you have to do few thing like ..

1. create passwd file in /etc directory by using, here is what you will see...

C:\>pwd
/cygdrive/c

c:> mkpasswd -l
SYSTEM:*:18:544:,S-1-5-18::
Administrators:*:544:544:,S-1-5-32-544::
Administrator:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:500:513:U-BT008504\Administrator,S-1-5-21-1644491937-606747145-725345543-00:/home/Administrator:/bin/bash
Guest:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:501:513:U-BT008504\Guest,S-1-5-21-1644491937-606747145-725345543-501:/home/Guest:/bin/bash

Now make a file using same command  -l is for local users.

c:> mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd

to add the user which is in the unix server just add that user in the window system and run the command again
Have sure you change the director path to /home/username

run cygwin and do pwd you will see that you are in /home /username

then run the ssh-key gen -t rsa command

run the /usr/var/sshd command. this will start the ssh daemon.

you will be able to connect from unox server.

using ....

0 0,12 * * * /usr/bin/rsync --rsync-path=/usr/bin/rsync -auz -e /usr/bin/ssh  bt008504:/cygdrive/c/perflogs/bt008504  /home/rverma/orcaNT

Any other question let me know.

Rajesh Verma
Sr. Unix Administrator
Ph. 803 434 8580
Palmetto Health
7909 Parklane Road, Suite 400
Columbia, SC 29223
Rajesh.Verma at palmettohealth.org

>>> <mian at vip.cybercity.dk> 11/21/2003 9:07:51 AM >>>
Hello Rajesh

Thank you very much for the scripts/information.

I have a couple questions:

1) perfmon.msc works fine for Windows 2000/XP, but on windows NT it dosn't
seems to exist. Do you know what to use ?

2) if I rebuild ORCA with the new Source.pm can I still use all my old input
files for non windows ?

3) Do I have to install all cygwin to use rsync/ssh on windows ?

Regards
Michael

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)