[Orca-users] procallator problem

Marcos Vinicius Lazarini lazarini at nics.unicamp.br
Fri Oct 24 20:56:49 PDT 2003

Hi,
I'm using Orca + procallator in a RedHat8 linux box, and I'm having some
 problems. Sometimes the graphs were broken and things go back to
normality after some time. (Later I discovered that Orca complains about
 the number of columns from the output file gerenated by procallator)
Reding the Orca-FAQ, I've found that the 'edition' of procallator I'm
running is particularly problematic with mounts.
In my machine, I have automounter running, and each time someone forces
an automount to mount, procallator changes the number of columns.

Well, I think, maybe my procallator version is old; mine is from
http://svn.orcaware.com/repos/tags/orca/0.27/contrib/procallator/
that is the same thing I've found (later) together with orca source
code.

Reading the Archives, I've found a (probably) new version of
procallator, from Blair. You can read that message at the end.

BUT I cannot compile it following these instructions below. Running
autogen.sh, ./configure [some-options] (Ok until here) make issued
errors about rrdtool. With --disable-librrdtool this one was bypassed,
but it stops some time later. The last lines of make:
(........)
cd orca
make CFLAGS=-g -O2 || exit 1
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/lazarini/tmp/orca/procallator2/svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/orca'
Makefile:60: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/lazarini/tmp/orca/procallator2/svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/orca'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Any ideas what have I made wrong?

Thanks in advance
Marcos Lazarini

Tue Aug 5 09:48:50 PDT 2003

Yahel Ben-David wrote:

 > Thanks Blair,
 >
 > Sorry for these newbie questions again...
 > But how do you make the  .in  (as in procallator.pl.in ) into a
running .pl
 > ?
 > It looks like some "autoconf" format - but no configure file ?!?!
 >
 > Thanks,

If you get a copy of

http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/procallator/

you should probably really get this instead:

http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/

and run autogen, then run configure and make and you'll get all
the files created.