[Orca-users] Help: Command failed for target "MD5.o"

sreenath sarikonda sreeredhat at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 12:22:31 PST 2004

Hello Everyone,
              I am new user of Orca and I was getting
this error while installing. I have installed gcc
and tried these options
env CC=gcc ./configure
env CC=gcc make
but it always fails in step 2(make) with the error
t/lang..............ok
All tests successful.
Files=4,  Tests=405,  1 wallclock secs ( 1.31 cusr +
0.11 csys =  1.42 CPU)
cd Digest-MD5-2.20 && make OPTIMIZE="-g -O2" test
cc -c   -g -O2     -DVERSION=\"2.20\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"2.20\" -KPIC
-I/usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/CORE
-DU32_ALIGNMENT_REQUIRED MD5.c
sh: cc: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `MD5.o'
Current working directory
/test/orca-0.27/packages/Digest-MD5-2.20
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`test_digest_md5'
Current working directory /test/orca-0.27/packages
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`test_modules'.

I am planning to install orcaware on 8 machines
atleast so Installing Perl modules which are compiled
with gcc would be a arduos option. Any help is
appreciated. gcc is installed in /opt/sfw/bin and here
is the path.
/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

Sree