[Orca-users] Constantly changing number of columns

leo.mccoy at kbm1.com leo.mccoy at kbm1.com
Wed Oct 6 10:25:54 PDT 2004

The changing number of devices (which caused a new file to be generated
every 5 min.) was a problem with the device name lengths for my SAN devices
that look like "c3t500060E80000000000007DB200000C6Cd0" because they are
based on the WWN.  I corrected this problem with:
# diff orcallator.se.fixed orcallator.se

582,583c582,583

< char long_name[64];

< char short_name[64];

---

> char long_name[16];

> char short_name[8];

654c654

< char first_name[32];

---

> char first_name[16];

656,658c656,658

< char second_name[32];

< char long_name[64];

< char short_name[64];

---

> char second_name[16];

> char long_name[16];

> char short_name[16];

753c753

< char short_name[64];

---

> char short_name[8];

To get Orca to graph these disks I also had to make changes to
orcallator.cfg.  I added 21 copies of the following plot to the file and
changed the controller number (c0 - c20) so that disks for each controller
were graphed separately.  I didn't have time to figure out how to get a
single plot to do the same thing.
plot {

title %g Disk Run Percent SAN Controller: c0

source orcallator

data disk_runp_((?:c0t50006[0-9a-zA-Z]+)|(?:c0t5006[0-9a-zA-Z]+))

line_type line2

legend $1

y_legend Run Percent

data_min 0

data_max 100

plot_min 0

plot_width 800

plot_height 300

href http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#disk_run_percent

}

I'd still like to figure out how to group these better since on one host I
have 25 SAN devices mapped to one controller which makes for a pretty icky
and somewhat less useful graph.