[Orca-users] Segmentation Fault after starting start_orcallator

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Feb 24 10:19:05 PST 2005

What version of SE Toolkit are you using, and what version of
orcallator.cfg are you using?

If you have the latest for both (3.4 and 1.37, I /think/), then you
should be fine.  However, if you don't have the latest versions, or if
you do but you're having issues still, try editing your orcallator.se
file, and change

#define USE_RAWDISK             1

#define USE_RAWDISK             0

That might solve the problem for you, as it has for others with segfault
issues stated elsewhere in the list archives.

--Dragon

Vornberger Achim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've compiled orca on an solaris 8 sparc server. After that I copied
> the start/stop scripts and the orcallator.cfg and orcallator.se on a
> client maschine. The client maschine is also an solaris 8 sparc
> server. I installed the SE Toolkit and created the directorystructur.
> I put the scripts into the bin directory and the orcallator.se in the
> lib directory. After that I started the start_orcallator, but it
> always fails with a segmentation fault
>
> ./orcallator start
> Writing data into /opt/orca/var/orca/orcallator/su00007-5/
> Creating /opt/orca/var/orca/orcallator/su00007-5/
> Starting logging
> Sending output to nohup.out
> 13994 Segmentation Fault
>
> On an other server I works fine.
>
> Thanks
>
> *With kind regards,*
>
> *Achim Vornberger*
> *is** :* * energy GmbH*
>        * :*  Bismarckstr. 9-11
>        * :*  97080 Würzburg
>  U     * :* * OPOO* Unix
>  T     * :*  +49 931 300-1029
>  F     * :*  +49 931 300-1519
>  M     * :*  achim.vornberger at is-energy.de
>  W*:*  _www.is-energy.de_

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax