[Orca-users] Changing the Y scale

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Feb 24 13:43:14 PST 2005

I've seen this as well.

I believe the cause of it has to do with the fact that your new server
doesn't have any rrd runq data that's substantially over 1.0, so the
mechanism in orca that guesses at the best scale makes the assumption
that your runq values are between 0 and 1.

What I would do, if there's no orcallator.cfg config option otherwise,
is run a recursive script or something that would artificially inflate
the runq for an hour or so.  Let orca capture that.  Then kill the
script.  Future scales might be okay, then.

But there's got to be (or there ought to be) a way to force the units /
representation in the graphs.

--Dragon

Sam Howard wrote:

> Hi.
>

> After much head banging, we managed to get the orcallator running on
> two systems (one made us realize the orcallator.se packaged with
> orca-0.27 is indeed out of date).
>

> However, now that we can graph the data from both systems, one system
> shows the RunQ as I would expect (on a scale of 0 to 1.0), but the
> other displays the data on a scale of 0 to 1000 m.
>

> Yes, I found FAQ item 1.1, so I know "m" means "milli".  My question
> is:  is there any way to convince orca to graph on a 10e0 scale?
>

> What is most disturbing is that both systems have similar RunQ's, but
> yet they are graphed on different scales!?!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sam

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax