[Orca-users] orcallator.cfg fragment for WATCH_WORKLOAD support

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at surfside.rutgers.edu
Wed May 11 11:22:52 PDT 2005

Alex,

> I think I've mostly got that figured from the docs... one question,
> can you list the same name, with different processes so as to
> aggregate various processes under a single name?

There are a couple of ways to do this. The best and easiest one is to come
up with a regular expression for command and/or args and/or user that would
cover all of the processes that you are interested in. For example,
WORKLOAD_INFO="NB,^bp" will catch all processes that have command names
beginning with "bp". Unfortunately, this is not always possible. In that
case, you will have to collect data separately (with different names) and
then use plot definitions in orcallator.cfg to aggregate data. This is not
too pretty but will work. I suppose that workload class can be patched to
aggregate data from multiple workloads with the same name, hmm...

Also, I should probably mention that it is possible to name your workloads
in such a way, that they can be combined (or separated) into single/multiple
plot(s), using regular expressions in plot definitions.

  -Dmitry.