[Orca-users] working with mixed-column data sources...

Cockcroft, Adrian acockcroft at ebay.com
Tue Feb 7 13:43:13 PST 2006

Its not really that different to an http access log, you should
summarize on a longer time interval, 5 minutes at least, and sum up all
the activity in each interval. In orca log files, each line is the
average activity in the interval ending at that time. In most cases
normalized to per-seconnd rates.
You would start with the number of invocations of your app in that
interval, then add up all the other metrics in whatever way makes most
sense to you.

Adrian