[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:16:39 PST 2006

>From: Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com>

>BTW, the start_orca_services is not the script that starts Orca.
>Orca_services is a separate data gathering tool, much like orcallator  and
>procallator.  So I'm guessing that's not what you want to be  running,
>unless you explicitly set it up.
>
>Regards,
>Blair

Oops, that makes sense.  For some reason I thought that was the new startup
script.

I took a look at the current startup script in /etc/init.d and all it is
doing is this:

/usr/local/bin/orca -d /usr/local/lib/orcallator.cfg

So I modified it to start the new version:
/usr/local/orca5/bin/orca -d /usr/local/orca5/etc/orcallator.cfg

When I run it, nothing appears to happen.  The prompt comes back after a
couple of seconds with no output.  I dont see any orca processes running so
I am not sure what is happening.  By default, does Orca do any logging on
the state it is in?