[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:31:12 PST 2006

>Oops, that makes sense.  For some reason I thought that was the new startup
>script.
>
>I took a look at the current startup script in /etc/init.d and all it is
>doing is this:
>
>/usr/local/bin/orca -d /usr/local/lib/orcallator.cfg
>
>So I modified it to start the new version:
>/usr/local/orca5/bin/orca -d /usr/local/orca5/etc/orcallator.cfg
>
>When I run it, nothing appears to happen.  The prompt comes back after a
>couple of seconds with no output.  I dont see any orca processes running so
>I am not sure what is happening.  By default, does Orca do any logging on
>the state it is in?

Ack, I found out what I was doing wrong.  The new version doesnt need the -d
anymore, at least that is what I see on the manual page.  So, on to the next
issue (I knew I wouldnt get off that easy!)

Since I am testing R525 in a different location than my existing 027
install, I had to add another entry to my web server for the alias, i.e.

Alias /orca5/ /var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator/
<Directory "/var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

So instead of going to http://host:/orca/ I point my browser to
http://host:orca5/

So I made this addition to httpd.conf for Apache2, restarted the web server
and Orca (pointing to my new install at /usr/local/orca5/bin) and Orca
appears to be running.  When I go to my new address, I get an "Access
forbidden!" message.  I compared /var/apache/htdocs/orca5/orcallator to the
027 install which uses /var/apache/htdocs/orca/orcallator.

They are *almost* identical, except the orca5 location does not have an
index.html file.  To test out my web server config, I copied the index.html
from the 027 install into the orca5 location and I am able to see it, so I
take that as verification that I have the web server set up correctly,

But it looks like this index.html  file is not being created for the
upgraded Orca install....any ideas on where to look next?

I am so close I can almost smell it...!